Bylaws of the working groups within the A.E.P.C.
AS MODIFIED AND APPROVED AT THE 36th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Stockholm, 02 September, 2001
- For the study of particular subjects, Working Groups (WG's) may be created by members interested in the field, with the approval of the General Assembly. WG's are open to all categories of membership of the A.E.P.C. and to non-members, subject to the approval of the council of the WG.
- The aim of the WG's is to promote the knowledge of the subject by gathering to exchange information, establish registries, organize research and multicenter studies. The WG's may establish appropriate recommendations to the A.E.P.C.
- Each WG holds an annual meeting which takes place at the time of the annual A.E.P.C. meeting. This will include :
a) a business meeting
b) planning and discussion of joint projects as outlined in 2.
A brief account of the activities of the WG is given to the A.E.P.C. during the business meeting of the Association.
- WG's will be invited by the Council of the A.E.P.C. to organize a scientific session and training sessions on a rotating basis within the A.E.P.C. meeting.
- Each WG is governed by a council of a minimum of 2 members, namely a chairman and a treasurer. The WG's can add other council members as they wish. Each WG establishes its own rules regarding duration of mandates and reelection, but mandates shall not exceed 5 years. Reelection shall be possible once only but not for the same office. Candidate for the council of a WG is open to all categories of membership of the A.E.P.C. As a rule the council of a WG should not have more than one member from the same country.
- The rules for voting in council and at the business meeting are those laid down in the A.E.P.C. constitution.
- To support their activities, the WG's may decide to raise an annual subscription fee from their members. The amount will be paid together with the A.E.P.C. annual subscription to the treasurer of the A.E.P.C. who will transfer the funds to the account of the WG. The different accounts of the WG's should be opened in the same bank as the A.E.P.C. general account. The A.E.P.C. expects the WG's to be responsible for their funds and their expenditures and to hand in a brief yearly financial report to the A.E.P.C. council. The A.E.P.C. shall not be liable for expenditures that the WG's make in excess of their funds without previous consent of the council.
- In case of dissolution of a WG, remaining funds are transferred to the general account of the A.E.P.C.
Updated : January 11, 2002